VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1-1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen raspberries in syrup, broken in chunks
- 2-1/2 cups light vanilla ice cream
- Aerosol whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup, for decoration
- Place water and espresso powder in the blender jar; let stand 30 seconds. Add milk, chocolate syrup, and raspberries to blender jar.
- Cover and blend using SMOOTHIE button for about 10 seconds. Add ice cream to blender jar. Cover and blend on HIGH until smooth and incorporated. Scrape sides of blender jar if necessary.
- Pour drinks into tall, thin glasses. Garnish with a shot of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Add a straw and you’re ready to enjoy. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Chocolate Raspberry Latte in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p65