Kids don't need to be coaxed to drink their milk the way Monica Crandall, Battle Creek, Michigan, serves it. The dairy wife dresses it up with chocolate and strawberry syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles.
Recommended: 30 Simple Frozen Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup 1% chocolate milk
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- Whipped cream in a can
- 1 tablespoon colored sprinkles
- 2 fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup. Cover and freeze for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate syrup on the sides and bottom of each of two chilled glasses. Fill with chocolate milk mixture. Top each with 1 tablespoon whipped cream; garnish each with sprinkles and a strawberry. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Chocolate Milk in Country Woman June/July 2008, p21