Frosty Blueberry Dessert
If you're looking for a different way to showcase blueberries, try this quick-to-assemble recipe from Evelyn Pedersen of Shoreview, Minnesota. The sweet squares make a refreshing dessert.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in a greased 11x7-in. dish. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 113 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 16, 2017
Very disappointing! Needs something to sweeten it up and wondering if the recipe should have used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk. Was just like a frozen ice with no flavour.