Frosty Angel Torte
Arnoldsburg, West Virginia field editor Blanche Whytsell says, "This torte looks like you fussed, but it is so easy to make!"
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Slice cake in half horizontally. Cut ice cream into slices to fit cake; place on bottom cake layer. Replace top. Combine strawberries, pineapple, marshmallows and 1/4 cup pecans; fold in whipped topping. Spread over top and slides of cake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Slice and serve frozen.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 291 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Frosty Angel Torte in Taste of Home June/July 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.