- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons milk
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Coat a 6-in. round springform pan with cooking spray and dust with sugar; add the batter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove sides of pan. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over pie. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFrosted Walnut Brownie Pie
"Very moist but still consistent brownie. I added extra walnuts for more crunch and topped it with a blueberries to add some contrast to the richness of the brownie."