Frosted Walnut Brownie Pie
Maryjo Amos of Noel, Missouri downsized a favorite family recipe to create this chocolaty treat.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Coat a 6-in. round springform pan with cooking spray and dust with sugar; add the batter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove sides of pan. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over pie.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 368 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Frosted Brownies in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005
Jul 27, 2012
Very moist but still consistent brownie. I added extra walnuts for more crunch and topped it with a blueberries to add some contrast to the richness of the brownie.