Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 72 pretzel sticks
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Blue and red decorating icing
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1-in., 5/8-in. and 1/4-in. balls.
- For each snowman, place one of each size ball 1/4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; place snowmen 2 in. apart. Break pretzel sticks in half; press into sides of middle ball.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Frost cooled cookies. Decorate with blue icing for eyes, mouth and buttons, and red for nose and scarf.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 226 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2009
They were easy. They aren't the tastiest cookie, but my kids did have fun decorating them. Mine didn't look nearly as good as the picture!
Dec 23, 2009
This sugar cookie recipe is wonderful! Similar to loft house sugar cookies. Our snowmen weren't as pretty as the picture, but our kids enjoyed making and decorating them nonetheless!