Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into rectangles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately place candy bar pieces over crust. Let stand for 1 minute or until softened; spread chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cool. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 223 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 21, 2014
This is my go-to dessert recipe whenever I need something quick. I always get compliments.
Dec 5, 2011
These bars are best served warm. My family loved them! They were so easy to make and tasted delicious! They have a nice buttery flavor and the chocolate eliminates the need to frost them. Really easy, quick, and yummy recipe! Try using 1 cup of chocolate chips if you don't have chocolate bars.
Sep 17, 2010
I have used this recipe and it's great! Thank you for putting this recipe in TOH! Dawn E. Lowenstein
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.