- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each), broken into rectangles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately place candy bar pieces over crust. Let stand for 1 minute or until softened; spread chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cool. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forFrosted Shortbread
"I have used this recipe and it's great! Thank you for putting this recipe in TOH! Dawn E. Lowenstein"