- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture; mix well. Divide dough in half; chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll out one portion of dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; carefully transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with raspberry filling. Roll out remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in. wide strips; make a lattice crust over filling. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, shortening, cream cheese and marshmallow cream until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar and milk; mix well. Drizzle over bars. Refrigerate until set before cutting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forFrosted Raspberry Bars
"These were very good, and we all enjoyed them. However, I found that the dough was tricky to work with. Looking forward to trying it with other pie fillings in the future!"
"Everyone always loves these. They are great!"
"everytime i make these everyone says how amazing they are! so versatile you can use any jelly flavor you want! i love this recipe!"