- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add egg, egg whites, pumpkin, oil and water; mix well. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Beat in confectioners' sugar, then vanilla and lemon peel. Frost bars. Chill for 15 minutes, then cut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forFrosted Pumpkin Bars
"These came out moist and flavorful. I liked the lemon peel in the frosting. I used 2 whole eggs and baked in a 9x9 inch baking dish."