Frosted Pecan Butter Cookies
Lemon frosting gives my delicate cream-colored butter cookies a special zest. The citrusy hint of sunshine is extra welcome in winter, and crispy pecans fill every delicious bite.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- LEMON FROSTING:
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar; beat in milk. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball halfway into pecans. Place nut side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 196 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Frosted Pecan Butter Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2004