Frosted Pecan Butter Cookies
Lemon frosting gives my delicate cream-colored butter cookies a special zest. The citrusy hint of sunshine is extra welcome in winter, and crispy pecans fill every delicious bite.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- LEMON FROSTING:
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar; beat in milk. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball halfway into pecans. Place nut side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 196 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Frosted Pecan Butter Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.