- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats and peanuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forFrosted Peanut Cookies
"I made this recipe a while back, and although it is good, I find that it was not extraordinary, and although I would recommend it to others to try because they may enjoy it more than my family did, it did not really appeal to my personal tastes."