- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter*, divided
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add 1 cup peanut butter, egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack, about 12 minutes. Spread with remaining peanut butter. Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spoon over peanut butter layer, then spread. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forFrosted Peanut Butter Fingers
"Oh my gosh, you have to try these. Unbelievably good!"
"I made these and they were an immediate family favorite! Everyone's been asking me for this recipe! Trust me, they're great! I prefer not to cook them too long to give them a more soft texture."