Frosted Maple Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and maple flavoring. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan, heat butter over low heat until golden brown. Remove from the heat; blend in confectioners' sugar, maple flavoring and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cookies. Yield: 4 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies).
2 each: 294 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Maple Cookies
"is maple flavoring the same thing as maple syrup? help please!"