Frosted Malted Milk Cookies
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into 3 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, malted milk powder, butter, vanilla and enough milk to reach a spreading consistency. Spread over cookies. Sprinkle with chopped candies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 189 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 21, 2016
The cookies are pretty good - not very malty and a little dry but a nice brown sugar cookie. The frosting is the real winner here, it tastes just like a whopper. I'm debating dipping the cookies in chocolate and letting that dry before frosting to give a more true whopper candy taste. Thanks for the recipe!
Feb 17, 2016
We loved these cookies just as is. Great recipe!!!