Frosted Harvest Cake
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into pumpkin mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, milk and salt until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Store in the refrigerator.
1 each: 83 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 15, 2015
Delicious and easy! For my non-dairy diet, I frosted these with a quick maple frosting from The Joy of Cooking. Moist, well received by friends at a meeting.
Oct 12, 2015
These are great - very moist and delicious. It REALLY does make 72 BROWNIES - IF YOU USE THE CORRECT PAN (15X10). Thanks!!
Oct 10, 2015
Using a 12" x10" pan this took close to 50 minutes to bake all the way through but smells relish, can't wait to try it once it cools enough to frost!
Sep 28, 2015
Love to make these for the fall, moist and the frosting marries the two perfectly. Family is always asking me make them.
Jan 19, 2015
Excellent, I only make half the frosting recipe
Jan 2, 2015
Try cutting flour down by a quarter cup to give more of a brownie texture. I sometimes have to add a quarter cup to brownie mixes to make them more cake like. Maybe the opposite will work here.
Nov 29, 2014
I used one less egg as another reviewer suggested and it was still more of a cake than a brownie. However, it was very good and got lots of compliments at two different gatherings. I used Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting which saved a lot of time. This is definitely a keeper!
Nov 6, 2014
Cut the sugar by a quarter cup and I think it gave them a stronger pumpkin flavor. Everyone enjoyed them!
Nov 6, 2014
I made these for work. I left off the icing because I don't care for icing. They loved them! Customers called back for the recipe. They are more like cake than a brownie but so good. I'll make these more often!
Nov 6, 2014
Made this for a potluck dinner. Had only a few people take it. After eating a few bites they didn't finish it. I try it myself and was not that impressed with the flavor. Needless to say I won't be making it again.