Frosted Gelatin Salad Recipe
A sweet, creamy topping frosts tis extra-fruity gelatin that is chock-full of canned apricots and crushed pineapple. "It's a colorful salad to serve at potluck dinners," reports Bertha Johnson of Indianapolis, Indiana. "Everyone loves the combination of flavors."
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) apricot halves
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add marshmallows; stir until melted. Drain apricots, reserving 1 cup juice; set juice aside. Chop apricots; add to gelatin with pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Chill until firm. meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. whisk in egg, vanilla and reserved apricot juice until smooth. bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Cool completely. Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold in cooled juice mixture. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with cheese. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frosted Gelatin Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC