- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain blueberries and pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add enough water to reserved fruit juices to measure 1-1/4 cups; stir into gelatin. Chill until partially set. Stir in reserved fruit. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over the gelatin. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forFrosted Fruit Gelatin Salad
"I tried this recipe for the first time. I'd used a 3-oz. package of cherry gelatin and a 3-oz. package of BLACK CHERRY gelatin. Since I didn't have canned blueberries, I used canned pitted cherries and an 11-oz. can of mandarin oranges which I'd drained and saved the fruit for the gelatin. I used regular cream cheese (8-oz. package), one 5.3-oz. carton yogurt (plain unflavored) to mix with the sugar & vanilla extract. I allowed just the gelatin to partially set 1-1/2 hours before adding fruit and putting in the baking dish. I'd spread the cream cheese mixture over the gelatin before allowing the salad to firm! Thank you for sharing this recipe!"
"I had a jell-o dessert like this about a year ago and have been hunting for the recipe since. This tastes just like it and I love it!"