Frosted Eggnog Logs
Holiday hostess Robin Olson from Gaithersburg, Maryland looks forward to finding a trayful of these sweet and spicy treats at her Christmas cookie swap every December.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
MakesAbout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, combine flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions; roll each into a log 15 in. long. Cut each log into five 3-in. pieces. Bake on lightly greased baking sheets until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in frosting, then dip in finely chopped white chocolate. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 116 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Egg Nog Logs in Country Woman December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.