Frosted Double Decker Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Divide batter in half. Stir chocolate into one portion; spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread remaining batter evenly over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach spreading consistency. Frost brownies; cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2010
I made these for a gathering, and they were very well recieved.
May 21, 2010
As the recipe's title suggests, these do go over very well with boys and men. When I made them, that is not to say they were not enjoyed by everyone. :) After taking them to a friends house, I was asked for the recipe.