Frosted Creams Recipe
These tasty bars have wonderful flavor from the molasses, ginger and cinnamon. They remind me of old-fashioned goodness.—Vivian Clark, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add the molasses and egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 78 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Creams
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC