Frosted Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
Carol Gillespie from Chambersburg, Pennsylvania notes, "You'll never want to try another brownie recipe after eating these delicious treats."
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. Prepare brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies; fold in vanilla chips. Spread half of the batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, flour and orange extract.
- 2. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over batter. Drop remaining brownie batter by tablespoonfuls over cream cheese layer. cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate. Cool slightly; stir in confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost brownies. Yield: 16 brownies.
Reviews for Frosted Cream Cheese Brownies
Reviewed May. 27, 2011
"The only brands of brownie mix I will ever use is either Betty Crocker or Hershey's. If one of those is used, this recipe will knock your socks off."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC