VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup chilled ginger ale
- 1 can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 pecan halves, toasted
- 8 fresh cranberries
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1 cup measure; set pineapple aside. To the juice, add enough water to measure 1 cup. Transfer to a small saucepan; add the unflavored gelatin and let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil. Add cherry gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in ginger ale. Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until partially set.
- Whisk in the pineapple and cranberry sauce. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. In a small mixing bowl, beat whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until thickened. Add to cream cheese; beat until blended. Spread over gelatin. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares; garnish each with a pecan half and cranberry. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Cranberry Salad in Country Extra November 2004, p49