Frosted Cranberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
Covered with a fluffy white topping, squares of this fruity gelatin salad can be served as a side dish or dessert.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Carefully pour into a large bowl; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ginger ale. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Combine the cranberry sauce, apple, celery and reserved pineapple; fold into gelatin mixture. Transfer to a 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; fork into cream cheese mixture. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 9-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 265 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Cranberry Gelatin Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC