VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Carefully pour into a large bowl; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ginger ale. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 45 minutes.
- Combine the cranberry sauce, apple, celery and reserved pineapple; fold into gelatin mixture. Transfer to a 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; fork into cream cheese mixture. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Cranberry Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p12