Frosted Cookie Brownies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Press cookie dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, chips and butter; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into marshmallow mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Spread over cookie crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 654 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 8, 2017
I didn't like these bars all that much, I guess I'd rather have my cookies and brownies separate. BUT the frosting is GREAT and I use it for cupcakes and blondies. So 3 stars for the very sweet bars and 5 stars for the frosting (average of 4)
Mar 10, 2017
These were a decent enough brownie, but I didn't find them to be special enough to be worth all the extra effort.
Oct 30, 2016
Took these to work potluck and ran out right away were too good.
Nov 30, 2015
These are a bit of work to make but worth it. They are very rich but cut into small pieces and they look great on the plate. I cook the cookie part for only 5 minutes otherwise they are to overcooked when they go in the second time. I have also made them with home made choc chip cookie dough but did need to cook that layer the full 10 minutes.
Mar 10, 2014
These are alright, but way too much work for the end result. The cookie dough crust gets too brown during the 2nd baking and ends up crumbling when you try to cut them. And they really don't taste very much like a brownie.
Feb 2, 2014
This recipe was a definite crowd pleaser for my large family. The finished product looks like it would take hours to make but it's actually quite simple. My 13 and 15 year old made it, and we devoured it!
Jan 31, 2014
These brownies were great..
Jan 27, 2014
Very very good! Received several compliments and recipe requests on these. They look awesome just like the picture . :-)
Jan 25, 2014
made these this morning simple and look just like picture and taste good also
Jan 22, 2014
Brownies are very very good!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.