Frosted Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits
I created this recipe several years ago after sampling something similar at a popular chain restaurant. These easy drop biscuits are a great accompaniment to a country-style breakfast.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 teaspoons warm water
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon. Knead 8-10 times (cinnamon will have a marbled appearance).
- Drop batter into 12 mounds 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- For frosting, combine the sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Frost warm biscuits. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.