Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, stir peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Chill 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat sugars, butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; add to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place half of the balls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Make a depression in the center of each ball with your thumb; fill with 1 teaspoon of the chilled peanut butter mixture. Flatten remaining balls and place on top, pressing edges to seal. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine frosting ingredients in s small bowl; stir until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 4, 2013
We have been making these cookies for years. They are a little extra work.....but well worth it! They taste like a chocolate cookie with a reese cup filling. Yummy!!