Frosted Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups diced unpeeled red apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sliced seedless green grapes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced apples and grapes for garnish
- Line 1-1/2-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Combine all salad ingredients and gently press into the bowl. Cover; chill several hours.
- Carefully unmold onto a plate lined with a bed of lettuce leaves. Combine the cream cheese and salad dressing; frost salad. Garnish with apples and grapes. Chill for several hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 532 calories, 39g fat (13g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2010
This makes such a pretty presentation for parties and get-togethers. And it tastes really good, too! I add some poultry seasoning (about 1/2 teaspoon -- sorry to be imprecise, but I sprinkle it on the chicken mixture until it looks to be the right amount and then stir it in) to give it a little more pizzazz.