- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple, carrots, raisins, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another large bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until creamy. Frost cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forFrosted Carrot Cake
"really good recipe. halved the sugar and it was perfect!"
"I'm not a carrot cake fan but this was really good! I used half the sugar and left out the raisins and coconut and used sunflower oil instead of canola. I have a feeling my sweet, garden carrots made a difference. I made half the frosting, which was plenty. I'll be making this to take to work. Thanks for sharing!"
"Excellent! I didn't use all of the icing, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Everyone loved it!"
"Love Love this recipes. I've tried this recipe last year and fell in love with it. I just forgot to write a review. The only thing I don't do is put the crush pineapple and coconut in my cake. I give it a 10 star."
"I tried this recipe for the first time! I used 1/2 packed brown sugar and 1/2 granulated sugar. I used 3/4 to 7/8 cup of evaporated milk, soured with 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar. I used 1 tsp. salt instead of 1/2 tsp. salt. I also crushed a 20-oz. can of pineapple slices in my food processor and measured out 1 cup of crushed pineapple for the cake. I also mixed 1/8 cup all-purpose flour with the raisins before adding to batter. I omitted the nuts as there are folks who can experience nut allergies. I used a greased and floured 12x8" baking pan, 6 lined muffin pans and a 5" mini loaf pan, greased and floured. I found that I just needed to bake the cake 40 to 45 minutes since I baked the loaf, cupcakes and 12x8" cake all together.For the icing: I just used: 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 4 oz. cream cheese, 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla which I just used for the 12x8" size cake. I then iced the 12x8" cake when it cooled and chilled the cake to allow the icing to set. NOTE: I did keep the carrots and coconut the same-I HAD shredded the carrots in my food processor!The eggs and oil, vanilla extract, flour, cinnamon and baking soda I also kept the same! This IS a really nice recipe! Thank you for sharing it! delowenstein"
"I made this and it is delicious. Moist and oh so full of flavor. I loved the frosting but this recipe makes way too much for this cake. I would cut the recipe in half next time. Also, I did not have any coconut in the house so I went without it. I didn't have any raisins in the house so used Craisins instead. One thing I really enjoyed about this recipe was how easy it was and how moist it was. I baked mine in a 9" round spring pan. It worked out beautifully..."
"must have to try.it's just amazing.love it.thank you home of taste for sharing your experience and taste with us."