- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) carrot baby food
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Yellow, red and green liquid food coloring
- 2 pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bags
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and carrots. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to carrot mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Blend in sugar until smooth. Place 1/4 cup of frosting in a small bowl; stir in yellow and red food coloring to make orange. Set aside. Place 3 tablespoons frosting in a small bowl; stir in green food coloring.
- Spread white frosting on cake. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with orange frosting. Mark off 20 squares on the cake; pipe a small carrot in the center of each square. Place green frosting in another bag; cut a small hole in the corner. Pipe greens on top of each carrot. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forFrosted Carrot Bars
"This is fabulous and super moist. My kids love it---they won't eat regular carrot cake where they can see the carrots!"
"First time I tried these, no one could believe there was baby food used in the recipe. These bars have becom a favorite in my family, and I have the recipe requested often. They're YUMMY."