Frosted Brownie Cups
With pre-made cookie mix and chocolate frosting on hand, these rich and chunky chocolate frosted cookies are easy, quick and delicious. For another recipe that uses the Homemade Cookie Mix (find recipe below), try these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Bites.
Total TimePrep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 8 min
- 2-1/4 cups Homemade Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil or Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury® Chocolate Fudge Frosting or 1 (13.5 oz.) can Pillsbury Easy Frost® Decandent Chocolate Fudge No-Fuss Frosting
- Chocolate or other decorator sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line mini muffin pans with foil mini muffin baking cups.
- Combine Homemade Cookie Mix, sugar and cocoa in large mixing bowl until blended. Add oil, egg and milk. Beat with electric mixer on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 10 minutes or until center is dry and puffed. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost brownie cups. Top with decorator sprinkles, if desired.
Homemade Cookie Mix: In a bowl combine 2 cups Pillsbury® flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cut in 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening or 2/3 cups Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Store in an airtight container in freezer up to six months. Makes: 4 cups mix.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information: Calories 122, Total Fat 4.6g, Saturated Fat 1.2g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 81mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g, Dietary Fiber 0.7g, Protein 1.4g, Vitamin A <1%DV, Vitamin C <1%DV, Calcium <1%DV, Iron 2%DV
Originally published as Frosted Brownie Cups in Crisco® Baking Sticks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.