Frosted Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and sour cream; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; add brown sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Cool for 20-30 minutes. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 335 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Brown Sugar Cookies
"These are soooooo good!!"
"These cookies are seriously delicious, and I am not a fan of cakey cookies HOWEVER I think there must be a typo in the recipe because when I followed the directions and let the frosting cool for 20-30 minutes it harden and was unusable. I remelted it and put it immediately on the cookies and it hardened nicely on these cookies like the picture, so I think it means the recipe should read 20-30 seconds. I will definitely make these again though - the were amazing with hot chocolate."