Frosted Blackberry Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix and gelatin. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, egg substitute, spreadable fruit, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 272 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 15, 2012
I have made this cake several time. With the frosting is just too sweet for my family. I make mine now in a bundt pan without frosting and have tried different flavors- our favorites are peach and strawberry! It's a very easy recipe and very good. Best thing is it is diabetic friendly!
Mar 24, 2010
This is a favorite for me. I acctually have had it requested by others.
Mar 5, 2010
I absolutely love this cake! Yummy!
Jun 24, 2008