- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frosting, pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFrost-On-The-Pumpkin Pie
"I've made this for years! Everyone loves this. One thing I do is put cool whip on top and sprinkle some of the crumbs on top. It just looks pretty!"
"I actually made this recipe years ago and it has since been requested at holiday meals by everyone in my family. We love it! The fact that it's so easy is a bonus!"
"I thought the flavor was fabulous and it looked so pretty when I was done. After refridgerating for several hours, cut into it and it just didn't hold its shape. Followed directions exactly, even overnight, no change. Ended up dipping gingersnap cookies with the leftover."