The smoky hint of bacon in this chowder makes me think of cooking over a campfire; that's why I named it as I did. While it's simmering, I toss a salad and bake some biscuits for a meal that's ready in next to no time.—Maggie Rogers, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11-1/4 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup water
- In a large saucepan, cook beef with green pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soups, corn and water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 224 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Frontier Chowder in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips