From the Garden Soup
I love eating and making soup all year long but don't always have the time needed to prepare it. This tasty soup is cooked in the microwave for added convenience.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or spinach
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine froth, soy sauce, sugar, thyme, basil and onion powder. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add to the broth. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. Add broccoli and carrot; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir in lettuce; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 48 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as From the Garden Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.