“From Russia with Love” Cookies
Delicate and refreshing at the same time, these cookies make everyone fall in love with them. No special baking skills necessary.—Elena Keesee, Albany, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time; add vanilla, lemon juice and zest. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of dough; wrap and freeze. Shape remaining portion into a rectangle; wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll larger portion of dough on a lightly floured piece of parchment into a 12x8-in. rectangle, about 1/4-in. thick; transfer to a baking sheet. Spread preserves over dough to within 1/4-in. of edge. Grate remaining frozen dough over preserves. Bake until light golden brown, 24-28 minutes. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 91 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.