“From Russia with Love” Cookies
Delicate and refreshing at the same time, these cookies make everyone fall in love with them. No special baking skills necessary.—Elena Keesee, Albany, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time; add vanilla, lemon juice and peel. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of dough; wrap in plastic and freeze. Shape remaining portion into a rectangule; wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll larger portion of dough on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper into a 12x8-in. rectangle, about 1/4-in. thick; transfer to a baking sheet. Spread preserves over dough to within 1/4-in. of edge. Grate remaining frozen dough over preserves. Bake 24-28 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Cut into bars.
Originally published as "From Russia with Love" cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.