Frittata with Creole Sauce
"My husband loves this frittata for breakfast, brunch or dinner," writes Rebecca Anderson from Melissa, Texas. "He's a meat-and-potatoes guy but doesn't miss the meat one bit when I serve this."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are heated through. Stir in pepper sauce; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, thyme and pepper. Pour egg mixture into an 8-in. skillet coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 429mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Bourbon Street Frittata with Creole Sauce in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009