Friendship Brownies Recipe
- BROWNIE MIX:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pour the flour into a 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Layer with brown sugar, salt, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, chocolate chips and nuts (do not mix). Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in the brownie mix until well combined.
- 3. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 34-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 brownies.
Friendship M&M Brownies: Any combination of mini M&M's, chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts equal to 1 cup may be used.
1 each: 247 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Friendship Brownies
"My next-door-neighbor gave us the mix and recipe for these brownies for Christmas. Some of the most delicious brownies I have ever had, and oh-so-simple to make!"
"Very good moist brownie."
"I clipped this recipe from the magazine several years ago and since then it is a favorite with my family. It is easy to put together and very moist."