Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- BROWNIE MIX:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the flour into a 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Layer with brown sugar, salt, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, chocolate chips and nuts (do not mix). Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in the brownie mix until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 34-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 29, 2016
These came out great! I didn't make them as a jar-recipe. I just mixed them up and baked them. I like that they are non-dairy and don't require any unusual ingredients. I doubled the chocolate chips and left out the nuts, to make this batch more potluck-friendly.Very tender and chocolatey.
Jan 4, 2012
My next-door-neighbor gave us the mix and recipe for these brownies for Christmas. Some of the most delicious brownies I have ever had, and oh-so-simple to make!
Sep 7, 2010
Very good moist brownie.
Jul 5, 2010
Excellent and easy. I sometimes add a touch of coffee and cinnamon to the batter. This is a yummy recipe and I love to bake!
Mar 25, 2010
I clipped this recipe from the magazine several years ago and since then it is a favorite with my family. It is easy to put together and very moist.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.