Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- BROWNIE MIX:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the flour into a 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Layer with brown sugar, salt, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, chocolate chips and nuts (do not mix). Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in the brownie mix until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 34-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2016
These came out great! I didn't make them as a jar-recipe. I just mixed them up and baked them. I like that they are non-dairy and don't require any unusual ingredients. I doubled the chocolate chips and left out the nuts, to make this batch more potluck-friendly.Very tender and chocolatey.
Jan 4, 2012
My next-door-neighbor gave us the mix and recipe for these brownies for Christmas. Some of the most delicious brownies I have ever had, and oh-so-simple to make!
Sep 7, 2010
Very good moist brownie.
Jul 5, 2010
Excellent and easy. I sometimes add a touch of coffee and cinnamon to the batter. This is a yummy recipe and I love to bake!
Mar 25, 2010
I clipped this recipe from the magazine several years ago and since then it is a favorite with my family. It is easy to put together and very moist.