Fried Squash Blossoms Snack
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Additional oil for frying
- 12 large freshly picked squash blossoms
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, garlic salt and cumin. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth. In a skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Dip blossoms into batter and fry in oil a few at a time until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm until serving.
Sep 13, 2011
I've tried lots of recipes and keep coming back to this one since 1995! The cumin gives it such a nice flavor you really can't skip that ingredient! I love these on a BLT! YUM!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.