Fried Sesame Chicken
Cornflake crumbs and sesame seeds give this moist chicken breasts a crunchy golden coating.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crumbs, sesame seeds, onion powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour buttermilk into another bowl. Pour chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip in buttermilk, then dredge in crumb mixture. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.