Fried Pickle Coins
It took me several tries to create the ideal seasoning blend for my fried pickles. It is a hit with my group. Serve it as a side or as an appetizer with dips.—Amanda Thornton, Alexandria, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups dill pickle slices
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ranch salad dressing and prepared mustard, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and garlic. Drain pickles and pat dry. Coat pickles with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture; coat again with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry pickles, about 10 at a time, for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with ranch dressing and mustard if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup (calculated without optional ingredients): 75 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fried Pickle Coins in Southern Favorites
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.