Fried Ice Cream
Refrigerated pie crust sprinkled with cinnamon sugar makes short work of this eye-catching, mouthwatering treat from our Test Kitchen. TIP: Keep a batch of these handy scoops in your freezer for impromptu entertaining all year long.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry onto an ungreased baking sheet. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place pastry in a large resealable plastic bag; crush to form coarse crumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, drop a scoop of ice cream into crumbs; roll quickly to coat and shape into a ball. Transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; place in freezer. Repeat seven times; freeze until firm, 1-2 hours.
- To serve, heat oil to 375° in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry ice cream balls until golden, 8-10 seconds. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately in chilled dishes. Drizzle with honey.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.