Fried Egg Peaches
This is such a cute dessert which will surprised all of your guests. It is like breakfast for dessert!—Doris Rokosh, Invermere, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 individual sponge cakes or pound cake or angel food cake slices
- 3 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- 6 canned peach halves, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place cake on six dessert plates. Top with whipped cream and spread to resemble the white of a fried egg. Place a peach half, cut side down, on top. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Originally published as "Fried Egg" Peaches in Country Woman March/April 2001