Fried Corn Balls
These bite-size treats are so easy to make. Serve them as an appetizer or as a side to a beef or chicken entree.—Ronnie-Ellen Timoner, Middletown, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, corn, cracker crumbs, sugar and baking powder (batter will be soft).
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls; fry in batches until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
Originally published as Fried Corn Balls in Country Extra September 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.