- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, corn, cracker crumbs, sugar and baking powder (batter will be soft).
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls; fry in batches until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forFried Corn Balls
"I followed this recipe exactly. There wasn't much shape to it exactly, which I expected, but overall they weren't very tasty."