Fried Chicken Recipe
"BACK WHEN we used farm-fresh ingredients, our foods didn't need much embellishment to make them look and taste better. We always prepared our chickens the day before and cooked them simply." —Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first four ingredients. With paper towels, pat chicken dry; add to bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 in. of oil; fry chicken until browned on all sides. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Fried Chicken
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2011
"I've always made my chicken like this. Most of the time I leave out the garlic but it is good both ways."
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2010
"There's nothin' better than fried chicken!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC